MEP Engineering and Design for Airports
Airport development projects require a specific skillset of design and construction teams. The design of any airport facility – from a new terminal to the renovation of an airport lounge – requires collaboration between facility teams, airlines, safety professionals, and code officials. RWB Consulting Engineers is the most experienced MEP engineering firm for airport and aviation projects in North Texas.
There is a reason that every major commercial aircraft carrier has trusted RWB with their MEP design. Aviation is one of our core service offerings, and we have over 30 years of practice in this segment. In fact, MEP design for air transportation is rooted in our firm’s history .
Airport Projects from RWB Consulting Engineers
Our firm has designed the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering for airports across the country. Projects range in size and scope, such as:
- New construction of airport terminals
- Airport VIP lounges and business centers such as Admiral’s Clubs and first-class lounges
- Airport departure and arrival gate renovations
- Airport terminal studies on HVAC performance, efficiency ,and comfort
- Electrical studies for airport terminals
- Baggage handling area upgrades
- Airport hangar renovations
- Restroom renovations
- Peer review on MEP airport terminal designs
With three decades of experience in MEP design for airports, our engineering team can take on any design project. Whether your project is a major international airport or a regional airfield, we have the availability and experience to meet and exceed your expectations. Here are some of the facilities that have trusted RWB with their airport project’s building system design:
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Dallas Love-Field Airport ( DAL )
- East Texas Regional Airport (GGG)
- McKinney National Airport (TKI)
- Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Midland International Air and Space Port (AMF)
- Baton Rouge Metro Airport (BTR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport (LAW)
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
The RWB Difference
Because of our deep experience with airport MEP design, we offer several advantages over other design firms for these types of projects.
- Airport Design Guides – every airport has its own set of design requirements. Because we frequently complete work at airports, we are familiar with these standards.
- Airport Security Clearance – a large percentage of our design team have airport clearance to DFW, DAL, and multiple other airports. We are familiar with the background check process and can complete and new clearance requirements without any hassle or holdup.
- Airline-Specific Design Requirements – on top of the rules for a specific airport, aircraft carriers also have their own set of criteria for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection for airport work. Because we’re already working with the airlines today, we accustomed to their needs.
- Best Practices in MEP Design for Airports – There’s a lot to say for just having done something several times. Each time we complete a new airport project, we learn something new about how to make our MEP designs better. By optimizing our work, we save airport facility teams time and money.
RWB is well-known in Dallas as the most experienced airport MEP design team. We understand that an on-time, on-budget opening is essential to any project. Contact us today to partner with our knowledgeable team on your next airport project.